Wednesday, March 11, 2009

The Luck of the Irish!


  March Theme Banner

Céad míle fáilte romhat!


St Patrick's day has always been a fun and meaningful day in my family. While our Irish heritage has been....sketchy, its still a whole heck of a lot of fun!

My family has been involved with the organization of the Holyoke, MA St. Patrick's Day Parade for over 25 years. I would lie if I didn't admit that this time of year my home sickness is hard to handle. I am simply not getting enough corn beef, soda bread or Guinness needed to sustain my Irish cred!

So help me out here, leave me some Irish, St Patty's day love and enter to win one of 2 books!!

First Prize: Tales of Celtic Lands hard cover with Story CDs read by Niamh Cusak

Second Prize: Tales From Old Ireland paperback with Story CDs

Every one who enters...(YES I SAID EVERYONE!!) Will receive a special Artist card from Tales From Old Ireland featuring the art of Niamh Sharkey


To Enter:

Leave a comment on this post
Drawing closes at midnight EST on March 17th
My Leprechauns will randomly draw comment #'s from the pot of gold!
Winners will be announced here on March 18th

Slán agus beannacht leat

Gaelic translations thanks to Irish-sayings.com

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool giveaway, thanks!

KR said...

I teach kindergarten. I'd love to win!!

Granny Nan said...

When my Mom turned 80, we took her to Ireland. What a wonderful time. My fav-Jameson - I taste tested 4 different kinds of whiskey. Thanks for a cool giveaway.