Monday, March 23, 2009

I'm Hooked! - The Dress

A month or so ago I started thinking about crocheting an Easter dress for my 6 year old daughter. I had an idea of what I wanted, drapey with cap sleeves, light and easy! I searched for a pattern and finally found one in a book. We choose yarn and I started.

I made one BIG mistake...I told of my closest friends (who also have daughters) about the pattern. Before I knew it I had committed to 2 more!

Surprisingly they each came out better than I could imagine, but also each has a unique look and feel! I just had to share!

The Allison
This is done in a medium weight yarn, rose color. It is heavier than the other two but the color and structure gives it a classic romantic look, much like the little lady modeling it! Perfect for spring and hopefully will still fit in mid-fall.


The Leah
She is a true free spirit! She dances and sings, draws and writes poetry and that's just before breakfast! She choose these vibrant colors, I choose a light, sport weight yarn. The combination is this breezy, flowing shift dress that can match her energy and creativity! Perfect for this little artist!



The Dori
Pretty and Preppie! Classic fit with bright bold colors. The added polk-a-dot ribbon is the perfect preppie touch. A little more fitted through the chest and shorter for this younger girl, this was customized just for her. Just like her Mommy's undeniable style, these watermelon colors in sport weight yarn fit in on the playground or out to brunch!







I am just blown away that this one pattern could create 3 different looks!

I am taking orders if you are interested...let me know what you are looking for and I will quote a price!


No comments: