Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Great Place to Shop


This time of year I get very discouraged walking through the Malls and Big Box Stores! I just keep seeing the same old stuff. Call me quirky but I love to look for the unusual gift, the gift that will let my loved ones know I was really thinking about them when I purchased it.

Add to that the fact that in this economy I'm not exactly excited to hand money money over to the big corporations! I would rather support small business owners, crafts people, artisans...you know the little guys like me!

Hoooray for a perfect place to get that all done right here in my backyard! Downtown Fairfax now has open a wonderful Village Market Place filled with local people showing their wares! Check out their website and come on down on Friday and Saturday evenings. Lots of nice restaurants in the area as well, so make a night of it!

I'll be there with Barefoot Books several times through out the season. See ya there!

Holiday Green Banner

No comments: