Thursday, April 23, 2009

Friendship

Do you remember when friendship was simple? When we had rules...hard and fast ones...to follow!
Share your toys, no hitting, pushing, kicking or biting, tell the truth. And even when those rules get broken...It's so easy to just make up and play nice. Do you remember when the most hurtful thing you could hear was "I'm not inviting you to my birthday party!"?

I watch my own children with their friends and I think it can be so beautiful. Even after an argument, a couple of days later they leave it behind and find a way to play again. A new ball or bucket of sidewalk chalk and suddenly the neighborhood is in balance again.

I know it won't last long, my little girl is six and girls seem to be getting meaner and meaner earlier and earlier! But for now I will sit back and enjoy watching her have a tea party with her friends!

 February Theme Banner

No comments: