Thursday, April 30, 2009

April Showers Bring May Flowers


So far 2009 has not treated the Barefoot Blums very well! Can we call this one early on account of rain?

The last few days of April have brought pouring rain and I am ready for May to begin. I am ready for the storm clouds to part and the flowers to bloom.

While the end of April has not brought a lot of joy, there have been some good things!
  • I was able to spend a week with my family in Massachusetts. When I left I felt refueled and rejuvinated! I need to find a way to tap back into that feeling!
  • I started helping the school reading teacher by volunteering one day a week with a group of struggling kindergarten students.
  • We have GREAT friends who have rallied around to help us get through our own personal housing crisis.
  • My amazing children continue to surprise me everyday with their wit and humor!
  • My husband is getting healthier and stronger daily and has been able to do more and more with the family.
  • I planted new plants and my clematis and day lilies from last year are growing like crazy (all of which I assure you will make the move with us to a new home!)
I know that May will bring new beginnings and adventures, not to mention challenges and hurdles. But I will dig deep for the inner strength to face it head on.

Let me wrap up today's therapeutic post with a joke that Isaac love to tell:
April flowers bring May flowers...May flowers bring Pilgrims!

1 comment:

Fairion said...

Go you!! You have an amazing ability to look on the bright side.