Tuesday, February 10, 2009

My favorite books for little Valentines!

 February Theme Banner


One of the things I have always loved about Barefoot Books is their ability to draw the reader closer to the listener. Or Me as a parent closer to my kids. The language and art give you the feeling you are sharing something magical and special even after the 100th reading!

Valentines Day is a day to get closer to the people you love in your life! And so I humbly present some fantastic books to share with your little (and bigger) loved ones!



Written by: Jen Wojtowicz
Illustrated by: Steve Adams
Book of the Year Award Finalist 2005, ForeWord Magazine
One of my all time favorite books! My kids love it, too! Great gift for children and adults!


Retold by: Tanya Robyn Batt
Narrated by Miranda Richardson

Illustrated by: Nicoletta Ceccoli
Beautiful gift edition hardcover with CD!
I love to listen to the CD of this story. A great reminder that Love can
conquer all!


Poems About People
Compiled by: Judith Nicholls
Illustrated by: Giovanni Manna

"This book makes a wise assumption: children are intelligent and will take from each poem what they can. Some children will delight in the sounds of the poems, some in the content, and others will find joy in both." - BookPage
Each poem gives me such joy to read aloud. I hope this has contributed to my daughter and son loving poetry and having a great self image, too!!




View all the wonderful recommendations for great February books on our website!!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.