Monday, May 24, 2010

I'm Hooked -The Challenge!

I have issued myself a challenge! An Amigurumi Challenge! My goal is to come up with and develop a new pattern once a week.

Most of the characters that I make are my own personal designs. I do take existing patterns in books and online and then modify them for my own style and tastes. I am starting to think of myself as an artist. But this is hard. I have never thought of myself as such.

So now your part of the challenge.....

Give me some ideas! I have a few stored up from friends who have made requests and my own noggin has been working overtime!

For today I would like to introduce two new designs:

The Hula Dancer is my own inspiration, I had a lot of bright green yarn a friend had given me and I was thinking about a good use for it! I really like her, and if you have come here via Facebook then you know she has become my profile picture!

The Cat in the Hat was an idea from a lady at my knitting group! She commented that her young grand daughter might like it. I am not quite happy with his face and will need to keep working on it.

So now my friends it is up to you to keep me going with ideas! Leave your comments here or email me directly.

1 comment:

Kristine said...

How about something from the insect realm, like a bee or ant or grasshopper? The body would seem easy, it's just the legs/wings that might be tough.

As for people, I think you need to make your niece a fireman (or fire lady!) of some sort. Occupation themes always go over well.

And we saw some awesome food amigurumi a year ago - we bought a "donut" which looks like one for Homer Simpson - pink with white felt "icing" and bugle bead "jimmies" - pretty cute. That and the traditional amigurumi cupcakes, pastries, sushi, etc.